Website FM Whelan
Structural Steel Engineering & Fabrication
- You would be expected to have a minimum qualification of Bachelors Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Architecture or related field and be proficient in industry-standard CAD software
- 2+ years experience in a relevant field.
- Experience using Tekla and a proven record within the industry preferable
- Accuracy and great attention to detail
- Ability to take projects from design concept to Fabrication stage
- Ability to interpret tender drawings and specifications.
- Have a good ability to design and detail all levels of steel structures
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented with a high standard of quality for oneself and others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills with proven track record in the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and ability to prioritise deadlines using one’s own initiative.
- Accountable and highly organized, taking ownership of tasks from start to finish.
- A strong communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Design experience and knowledge of steel fabrication.
- Managing drawings on projects from concept to completion such as approval, fabrication, shop and site assembly drawings.
- Managing Programme scheduling of jobs with clients and our production team.
- Issuing of Operations and Maintenance manuals.
- Production and coordination of 3D models, detailed fabrication drawings.
- Review architectural and engineering drawings, specifications, and other project documents to accurately interpret the structural requirements and components for the project.
- Prepare Shop Drawings: Utilise design software to create detailed shop drawings, assembly drawings, and erection plans, ensuring accurate representations of steel components and connections.
- Material Take-offs: Perform precise material take-offs to determine the quantity and type of steel required for fabrication, considering factors such as weight, dimensions, and specifications.
- Collaboration with Engineering Team: Coordinate with engineers and project managers to resolve any discrepancies, conflicts, or modifications to design requirements during the detailing process.
- Compliance with Codes and Standards: Ensure that all shop drawings comply with relevant building codes, industry standards, and regulations to guarantee structural integrity and safety.
- Quality Control: Conduct thorough reviews and checks on the completed drawings to maintain high-quality standards and accuracy before submission for approval.
- Coordination with Fabricators-collaborate closely with fabrication teams to communicate design specifications, provide clarifications, and address any on-site issues.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with the latest advancements in structural steel detailing technologies, software, and industry best practices to enhance efficiency and precision in the detailing process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.